Furry Fun Days is an annual festival held in Shippensburg Township Park every first full weekend of June to celebrate dogs and their people with games, food, demonstrations, vendors, and fun! Public admission to the event itself is free, but we ask for a $5 donation per car so that we can continue to support local organizations that care for our pets in need.
Furry Fun Day, Inc. is the 501(c)(3) nonprofit behind Furry Fun Days, so your contributions may be tax deductible. We are an all-volunteer organization! We started as a small band of dog-lovers, organizing a single “Furry Fun Day” in 2005 as a fundraiser for Kindly Canines. After that, we expanded it into what it is today, a two-day event with something for everyone! In 2015 the event was adopted by the Rotary Club of Shippensburg in order to ensure the viability of the event well into the future.
We sincerely thank all those who contributed their time and resources to this year’s event, as well as those who have supported us in years past and helped us get to where we are today! This is a list of some of you, and as for the rest, you know who you are!
The Furry Fun Day Committee (2018)
- Claire Jantz, President, Furry Fun Day, Inc.
- Steve Oldt, Treasurer, Furry Fun Day, Inc.
- Jenny Barrick, Secretary, Furry Fun Day, Inc.
- Linda Asper
- Victoria Buchbauer
- Kitty Dugan
- Terri Hollenshead
- Ra Kligge
- Shauna Mogerman
- Betsy Riep
- Charity Shreffler
- John Stoner
- Boy Scout Troop 121
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Rev. Daniel Cluck for “Blessing of the Dogs”
- SU Career and Community Engagement Center
- MC’s Keith Walls, Ruben Bourdeau, and James Bailey
- Contact us if you are interested in volunteering for the 2018 event!